AlvadoreOregon.com

Alvadore Oregon

Alvadore OR -
ZIP Code 97409


Welcome to Alvadore Oregon (population 1358).

Alvadore is an unincorporated community in Lane County, Oregon, United States, located nine miles northwest of downtown Eugene and one mile northeast of Fern Ridge Reservoir.

According to Oregon Geographic Names, Alvadore was named for Alvadore Welch of Portland, who built the Portland, Eugene & Eastern Railway through the community. The railway was later acquired by the Southern Pacific Railroad, but in 1936 the track was torn up. The Alvadore post office was established in 1914.

Alvadore experienced its boom during the early 1900's, serving as a railroad stop on the important route between Eugene and Portland. At that time the town was home to a hotel, several shops and an old schoolhouse that was demolished in 2006. When the railroad bypassed the town in subsequent years, growth subsided.

Today Alvadore is home to a general store and gas station that contains a post office, a large regional nursery—Decker Nursery—known for its Christmas trees, a volunteer fire department, the Alvadore Christian Church, a nut-drying plant affiliated with Blue Diamond Growers, and a variety of other agricultural businesses including, Berg's Berries and Organic Produce, an organic strawberry farm.

Regional Resources
Map of Alvadore, OR
Orchard Point Park
Fern Ridge Reservoir
Real Estate Eugene
Lane County


©2004-2005-2007 Alvadore Oregon Guide